Saturday, April 5, 2014

Taking My Own Advice

A friend today said something about getting his stuff together so he could get his book published. I immediately answered, "Don't let getting your stuff together get in the way of publishing your book. If you wait until your life is in order, the book won't ever happen."

I continue to think of my book (published just over a year ago now) as something of a leap from the high dive. I may not have taken the most graceful way down, but at some point I felt that simply jumping was my only option. It was becoming quite clear that lingering on that platform with all the other want-to-be authors could become a lifestyle.

I took the plunge, and I've made a list of dozens of ways I could have done it better. Book number two should be easier, right? Just another opportunity to learn more lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive