Wednesday, June 28, 2017

June Musings

June has zipped by in a flash! Spent a huge chunk of the month feeding my wanderlust. This is the year of my third child's 16th birthday trip, and we did it in style in Germany! The two of us enjoyed time in Berlin, Quedlinburg, and Trier. So the bulk of my writing was travel journal with a few bonus poems thrown in. Now we are working on our trip photo album and enjoying the light summer-time weather in Kansas.

A rainy day in the sweet little town of Quedlingburg, Saxony-Anhalt, Germany.


Meadowlark is keeping me busy! It's a very good kind of busy. I am so inspired by these writers who let me handle their darlings and fit them in the pages of a book. The bookshelf is growing and I am as proud as if each piece were my very own. There will soon be two books out for 2017. Five remain in the hopper and we are making very good progress.

Walking on Water, poems by Cheryl Unruh
Meadowlark Books, April 2017
WaterSigns, Poetry by Ronda Miller
Meadowlark Books, July 2017






















It's been a good month for reading, as well! I have had the opportunity to read the second Pete Stone Novel (to be published by Meadowlark, Fall 2017) To Leave a Shadow, the first, can be found here and here.

I enjoyed Gloria Zachgo's Hush Girl: It's Only a Dream, a mystery, and it's page turner. I am currently reading Jillian Dunlay's teen dystopian novel, Untamed. This is Jillian's debut novel and I have to say that I am very impressed with this young lady. I have plans to write a more thoroughly about both of these books soon.

I have also been indulging on David Sedaris's new book, Theft by Finding.

Life is good. Reading, writing, and publishing are even better!

I found my writing buddy in Quedlinburg.
As my friend Sue pointed out, he's got a heart of stone,
but I enjoyed his company anyway.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive