Thursday, March 26, 2020

Closed Because We Care

Activities:
  • Morning walks with the dogs. Afternoon walks, too. The frequent rains have messed with our walking schedule. And this morning I slowed us down because I felt compelled to read and take pictures of all the signs along the way.
  • The girls and I have been re-reading Harry Potter together. I'm reading quite a bit these days, though probably not more than usual. I am drawn to anything that isn't current events.
  • Making plans for Meadowlark Books. Feeling like I've taken a bit of a stumble here. March and April were supposed to be months of book releases and poetry events. 
  • Preparing for the first board meeting via ZOOM of the Kansas Authors Club. We've talked about holding virtual meetings for years. I guess we needed the prod to figure out how to make it happen. I, for one, am going to miss the road trip and visiting with so many of my writing friends over lunch.
  • Yoga. Stretching. Core Strength.
  • Watching Star Trek - Picard, one episode per night. I love him.  
  • Book keeping, bill paying ... a lot of the usual going on at the law office, but more relaxed with the doors locked. All clients are now scheduled for phone consults only. And our days are shorter. I didn't go in at all today, and I may or may not go tomorrow. I haven't decided yet. Sometimes we play ping pong at lunch, which is also usual.
  • Texting. More texting than usual, with a wider variety of people than is usual for me. Been getting some nice notes by email, too. Not much by phone. I've never liked talking on the phone much. But I have talked to my dad and my sister this week, which is a lot for us.
  • Whole family eating evening meal together, and everyone is taking turns cooking, so only have to prepare a real meal one out of every five days.
  • Board games. Maybe every third evening or so. Love playing board games with the kids.

collection of "closed do to COVID-19" signs


__________________________
NYTimes has us at 171 cases as of 9:07pm, 3/26/2020. Lyon County has 3. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive