Sunday, April 21, 2013

Sunday Book Review: Sihpromatum - I Grew My Boobs in China



Sihpromatum - I Grew My Boobs in China
by Savannah Grace

I happened upon this book as I was researching marketing techniques by other "first book" authors. With a daughter in the midst of planning a trip to China, I was entirely hooked by the title alone. I've been watching for good travel books and this one looked promising.

I was not disappointed, though the first few chapters of the book were not what I expected. Imagine downsizing to the point where all you need to survive fits in your backpack. Savanna's family set out on the hiking trip of all hiking trips when she was 14 years old. This book covers the first portion of their journey across China and Mongolia. The book also details Savannah's maturation from resistant traveler to a young woman beginning to appreciate the gift of this amazing adventure with her family.

Wow! Once we were on the road, I was entirely hooked. Savanna has such a way with words that it was easy to fall right into step alongside her. I could visualize everything she described, from the lovely (Giant Buddah) to the terrifying (public toilets!)

I eagerly wait volume two of this wonderfully written travel log. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive