Saturday, June 22, 2013

Letter from a Writing Friend

I received this by mail this week. It is in response to my talk at the Kansas Authors Club, District 4 meeting I attended in Manhattan.

I enjoyed your book as much as Bill said I would. I would have read it in one setting if my eyes would have held on; had to sleep a few hours. Your book held my interest like none have done for a while. It is hard to find a good book.

and

Tracy, your clever art of writing left no page unturned! You must have heard the Southwest Writing Coaches that I drove to hear when I was a writing my first book. That weekend, my take home info was: Write each page so the reader will want to turn the page. Your art covered all facets of life here in Kansas.

The letter was from Dorothy Masters whom I met as a member of Kansas Authors Club. She is one of the friends I look forward to meeting yearly in October when Kansas authors gather. While we lived in Topeka, I was able to visit with Dorothy more frequently.

Dorothy has published two books of personal family stories. I've enjoyed them very much. Though she doesn't get out and about as much as she used to, she continues to compile her memories and "life lessons" for her family. What a treasure she has created for future generations. I wish more people would do so. Family stories are the most valuable of all, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive