Saturday, March 21, 2020

Let's Live Like Every Day is Saturday

Everyone slept in today. Even R, the dedicated early riser. I am an early bird by training, but he's an early bird by nature... or at least such early training (paper routes) that he doesn't recall if it's second nature.

tablet with handwriting on it, pen, and stack of game cards
Six-Word Memoirs, by University Games
is a current favorite of my family. Today is
the first time we have played that I was not
the winner! I came in third 😎
Today has felt almost like a normal. The frightening part of that statement is to think we have adapted so quickly. But I think the fact that I've spent very little time online today has a lot to do with it. I made a reasonable plan for the day, and I followed it. R and I tackled the bedroom for a deep clean this morning. We pulled out everything that was pull-out-able, cleaned from floor to ceiling, and put only the stuff back that really needed to be there. We sent quite a few items to the shed, and made stashes for future library and Goodwill donations. We even washed the curtains.

I spent the afternoon catching up on a little work for Kansas Authors Club. The spring board meeting for KAC is being moved to ZOOM so that we can all attend from home. Online meetings is something the group has talked about for quite some time now. I guess we just needed a little prodding to make it happen. Personally, I am always a fan of the Kansas road trip and I enjoy visiting with my fellow board members in person. But conducting a meeting online makes so much sense. Saves time, saves gas, and in this case, it's simply safer.

Our local writing group is talking about meeting virtually next week, as well. I guess I will just have to get over being video shy.

The family gathered for an evening meal (twice-baked potatoes by K, who says he's been watching a lot of Bon Appétit--Delicious!). Then we played Six-Word Memoirs and watched a movie, "The Farewell."

__________________________
Kansas is at 55 confirmed cases of COVID-19 and 2 deaths. (per my preferred website for keeping tabs, NYTimes, 9:04pm, 3/21/2020)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive